Seeking Web Developer at Newsvine
People often ask what things are like at Newsvine after the MSNBC acquisition. Specifically, has the culture changed at all and does it still feel like a startup? The answer to those questions are, thankfully *no* the culture hasn’t been disrupted a lot and thankfully *yes* it still feels like a startup (minus the working for 1929-level salaries).
One of the many nice things about life post-acquisition is that we’re beginning to work on many projects that touch both Newsvine.com (little ant of 1.5 million users) and MSNBC.com (big elephant of over 35 million users).
As such, we’re expanding a bit…
The ideal candidate will have a strong command of the following knowledge areas:
- PHP or similar scripting language
- Mastery of web standards and cross-browser compatibility
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Experience working on large-scale, high-availability web sites
- Successful industry experience using latest DHTML and ajax technologies
- Experience with SQL and relational database implementations serving as the backend to production web applications
- Familiarity with Subversion a plus
The job will be based out of the lovely Newsvine offices in Seattle, down by the waterfront pictured here. If you’re interested, please send an e-mail and resumÃ© to “newsvinejobs at newsvine.com”.