Plug: Web Directions North
I have nothing to do with the upcoming Web Directions North Conference in Vancouver, BC, but I thought I’d give it a plug anyway. I’ve been trying to convince Dave to throw this thing in the summertime when it’s warm and gorgeous in Vansterdam, but since it’s a wintertime event, it doubles handily as a ski trip to Whistler. If you’ve never been to the Vancouver/Whistler area of the world, you should consider going to this event. Why? Great speakers!
- John Allsopp — Legendary in his ability to appear non-geeky whilst discussing the geekiest of subjects.
- Daniel Burka — Designer of Digg, purveyor of fine Web 2.0 style.
- Andy Clarke — The sixth Beatle.
- Anil Dash — Thinks he’s never met me, but actually has.
- Kimberly Elam — Hooray for females at web conferences! Kimberly is a great author and designer.
- Brian Fling — Mobile design expert from BlueFlavor, and friend of the Vine.
- Derek Featherstone — Legendary for his ability to hold a beer glass to his lips using only facial suction.
- Tara Hunt — Hooray for even more females at web conferences!
- Brian Oberkirch — I met Brian once in New York. He knows his social media.
- Dave Shea — Did some sort of Zen Garden thing once.
- Jonathan Snook — Canada’s native son scripting expert.
- Josh Williams — The Billy Bob Thornton of the web design/dev world (he knows what I mean… it’s a huge compliment).
- Jeffrey Zeldman — The all-knowing, all-powerful, all-humble one. He is our yoda.
A trip to Web Directions North is also a great excuse to renew your passport, if it has expired. Off to go do that right now…