Mike Davidson – Résumé
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Seattle, WA
B.A., Business Administration — Concentrations in Marketing and Advertising
OXFORD UNIVERSITY, Oxfordshire, England
Graduate curriculum in Creative Advertising and Management
Vice President, Design
Twitter, Inc., San Francisco, CA
10/12 to present
- Provide overall Design vision for Twitter.
- Manage Design Studio, including user experience, research, and prototyping divisions.
- Represent Design at executive leadership level.
Founding CEO and Creative Director
Newsvine.com (acquired by MSNBC, now a division of NBC News), Seattle, WA
8/05 to 10/12
- Founded online participatory news company; named Top News Site of 2006 by Time Magazine.
- Provide user experience and design vision for company.
- Manage staff of employees, oversee all company operations, and interface with overall news organization.
Art Director & Manager of Media Product Development
ESPN.com / Walt Disney Internet Group, Seattle, WA
2/01 to 6/05
- Provided design and art direction for web properties, broadband applications, streaming media, and other high profile online initiatives within Disney and ESPN.
- Managed multimedia, broadband, and other special applications within Disney sites such as ESPN.com, ABC.com, and Movies.com.
- Authored CSS/XHTML coding and design standards for site redesigns.
- Represented Disney and ESPN at design/technology conferences.
- Designed, developed, and deployed multimedia applications, event packages, live gamecasts, fantasy sports games, and other content on ESPN.
- Taught Flash, XHTML, and CSS to ESPN, ABC News, and other network-affiliated employees.
Digital Sherpas (acquired by Seasonticket.com), Seattle, WA
2/99 to 11/00
- Provided creative strategy and art direction to a team of web designers and developers.
- Designed world’s first online, personalized sports highlights application.
- Designed and developed company’s identity elements and propagated them across all media.
- Start-to-finish concepting, design, and production of high-profile, award-winning web sites including The New York Rangers, Seattle Mariners, Minnesota Wild, K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, K2 Bikes, K2 Skates, State of Alaska, Bellevue Square, and The Space Needle.
AAG/Costacos Sports, Inc., Seattle, WA
9/97 to 2/99
- Designed and wrote copy for world’s top selling NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB posters.
- Authored and created marketing materials and business-to-business presentations.
- Designed, administered, and oversaw all aspects of corporate web site.
- Platforms: Macintosh, Windows
- Adobe: Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Lightroom, Flash CS
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Miscellaneous: TextMate, WordPress, Keynote, Subversion, Git, Eclipse, Coda
Awards and Recognition
- Webby Award — five time winner (best sports site, people’s choice best sports site)
- Time Magazine — best news site of 2006, top 50 websites of 2007
- Macromedia Site of the Day — for K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, K2 Skates, and K2 Bikes
- Envision Award — three time winner (best overall site, best streaming video site, and best sports site on the net)
- Seattle Show Award — six-time winner (two golds, two silvers, two merits, and a Best of Show runner-up)
- Seattle Online Network Award — Best Site to Kill Time On (Seasonticket.com)
- Featured on the cover of a Macromedia Annual Report
- Featured in Print Magazine
- Member Emeritus of Seattle Show Board of Directors
- Designed Safeco Field inaugural ticket and all commemorative tickets for the Seattle Mariners
- Designed world’s first virtual observation deck (Space Needle)
- Online News Association (ONA) Conference Speaker
- An Event Apart (AEA) Seattle Speaker
- Webstock Speaker
- Interactive Media Conference Speaker
- Syndicate Conference Speaker
- SXSW Conference Speaker
- WebVisions Conference Speaker
- DV/Web Video Expo expert panelist
- Flash Forward expert panelist
- Past instructor of Advanced Web Design and Advanced Flash classes at the School of Visual Concepts